Saturday, January 31, 2009

About Useful Guy Stuff

Useful Guy Stuff is a place to share ideas about how to be more healthy and stylish. My goal is to present topics that will help guys live more effectively, whether it be through better nutrition, exercise, or dress. To that end, the majority of posts will deal with one of those topics.

I take pleasure in learning more about each of these topics. I've always loved sports and exercise. Over the past several years I've gotten more into nutrition and have spent quite a bit of time and effort learning more about how to eat healthily and deliciously. As for fashion and style, what can I say? I'm an enthusiast. I'm not about red carpet or couture so much, I'm more about classic and timeless men's style.

A lot of my thoughts on these topics come from things I've found to be effective, things I'm trying out, or things that I'd like to try. I'm an avid magazine reader and I draw a lot of inspiration from them. A few of my favorites include GQ, Men's Health, Golf Magazine, Golf Digest, and Best Life. Like I said, I don't claim to be an expert. I'm not a nutritionist, a dietitian, a personal trainer, or a style consultant, but I've always enjoyed self improvement, and this is a good outlet for me to share ideas and a chance for me to learn more.

I welcome any commentary or suggestions. Please feel free to share your thoughts on post topics covered or ones you'd like to see covered.